PM Shehbaz accuses KP govt of failing to enhance anti-terror capabilities despite funding
Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif on Friday said the security lapses in the Peshawar blast must be investigated but baseless allegations should not be leveled.
Following the explosion in Peshawar, the meeting of the apex committee in Peshawar was presided over by Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif.
The meeting was also attended by the top military brass.
After the deadly attack that killed over 300 people, he criticized the propaganda that was spread on social media.
In light of the current circumstance, the premier emphasized unity in the fight against terrorism.
He stated that the situation was crucial and that the political leadership needed to work together to develop a comprehensive strategy to combat the country’s resurgence of terrorism.
PM Shehbaz talked about the successful military operations that the country had in the past to get rid of terrorism.
He stated that after terrorism had been eradicated, the nation is puzzled as to how such an incident of terrorism occurred.
He stated, in response to conspiracy theories, that it was a “planned” attack; what ought to be said regarding the most recent acts of terrorism in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP).
The premier stated once more that the province received Rs417 billion from the National Finance Commission (NFC) Award over the past ten years to fight terrorism.
He stated that during the span, Punjab implemented safe city projects, established a forensic laboratory, and strengthened the Counter Terrorism Department (CTD).
He added that the people of the province would have slept soundly if even one-fourth of that amount had been spent correctly, and he asked the KP government, which has been led by Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) since 2013.
The premier offered assistance to the KP government in enhancing its CTD’s capabilities.